A Co-operative Community Center
Young Children and their Caregivers
Northampton Parents Center is open for the 2015-2016 season. The NPC is a drop-in Center for children, birth through kindergarten age, and their caregivers. Everyone is welcome. Regular hours are Monday through Thursday, 9:30 to 11:30 am. Thursday morning music classes are from 11 to 11:30 am, with Miss Leticia and Tom Knight alternating weeks.
The Parents Center is located in the lower level of Edwards Church at the corner of State and Main Streets in Northampton. Please use the back door and public parking. Admission is free. Donations are welcome.
Parents Center news!
- Northampton Parents Center will be having a Family Fun Night with Tom Knight Puppets and GoBerry this Saturday, November 14th, from 4 to 7 pm. Playgroup and optional potluck dinner will be from 4 to 5:30, followed by dessert for everyone from GoBerry, and a Puppet Show with Tom Knight Puppets. Everyone is welcome! This event is free.
- Giving Tuesday Please join us for an Open House and Young Children's Fair from 9:30 to 11:30am on Giving Tuesday, December 1st! We will have stations with face painting, special crafting, festive snacks and coffee and tea -- everyone is welcome! Giving Tuesday was started to focus the holiday spirit of giving onto our favorite charities. Please think of the NPC when you consider your favorite non-profits. You can make any size donation -- and every dollar helps us to keep our programs up and running. CLICK here to make a donation towards Giving Tuesday any time from NOW through December 1st!
- Treasurer Wanted: Are you looking to help out the Parents' Center and build your resume at the same time? We are currently looking for a treasurer. The position requires about 4 hours a month. The main duties include writing checks, tracking payroll and using a spreadsheet to track the cash inflow and outflow. For those of you interested please see Swansea. Training is available if needed. The NPC Parent Advisory Committee extends its thanks and gratitude to Scott Lodzieski for seventeen months of service as our treasurer! Thank you, Scott!
- Our Welcome Back Picnic at Look Park has been RESCHEDULED to Wednesday, October 7th, at 4pm. We will celebrate our wonderful community with a potluck meal as well as say "Good luck!" to Kerri Simonelli!
- Halloween Party and Parade is going to be on Thursday, October 29th, from 9:30 to 11:30.
- Kerri Simonelli, our wonderful Assistant Coordinator since February of 2013, has begun a new job across the street at the Campus School. We wish her the very best and we will miss her, her welcoming smile and her awesome arts and crafts!
- We would like to extend a huge welcome to Chris Scanlon, our new Assistant Coordinator. Chris is a former NPC regular, who used to bring his daughter for daily visits. He has worked for many years for the Montessori School of Northampton as the After-School Coordinator. Chris, you have some big shoes to fill, but we know you'll do great.