We are a drop-in Center for children from birth through kindergarten and those who care for them.
All are welcome!
Since 1985 the mission of the Parents Center has been to provide a safe and friendly space for children (specifically 0-5) and their caregivers to meet and play: a place for parents* to find support, information, affirmation and friendship.
The Center is a non-profit co-operative designed to evolve with its members. We are governed by the Parent Advisory Committee (a volunteer group) and the Center’s Director (who is hired by the committee).
*When we refer to ‘parents’, the term is understood to be inclusive of grandparents and other caregivers who accompany children to the Center. All are welcome!
We are a cooperative providing:
- Fun and educational spaces for: climbing, riding toys, crafts, puzzles, books, trains, dramatic play, building blocks, and other forms of exploring
- A place for families to meet, socialize, and have fun
- A lending library for parents
- Community resource information
- Nutritious snacks for the kids and coffee and tea for the grown-ups
- Check out this article about us
We have three large rooms in the basement of Edwards Church, at the corner of Main & State Streets in downtown Northampton. Thanks to the generosity of the church, space is rented for a nominal fee. (The Center is not church-affiliated) Please use the rear entrance off State Street, and leave all strollers outside the back door. Do not park in the church lot.
We’re open mid September to late May. We generally follow the Northampton Public School calendar for vacations and holidays.